Sunday, November 28, 2010

Erachet

Well, I did it! I got engaged. Popped the question last night to the greatest girl in the world, Erachet. No, it was not a blog-mance. We knew each other before we knew about each other's blogs.
For the last eight months, I have had the time of my life, being able to spend as much time as I could with the most amazing person in the world. Now, I get to extend those eight months into a lifetime. I don't know how to continue this post without being too nauseating, so you'll just have to suffer.
I never fully understood Lilly's line from "How I Met Your Mother" about relationships until I began to experience it: "Okay, I know that stuff looks dumb from the outside, but it's kinda the greatest thing in the world when you're a part of it." Not only can I no longer imagine not being part of a couple, but there is nobody in the world with whom I can imagine being part of a couple. And of course, there is nobody who can make me smile like she can.
Erachet, I love you, and I hope to give you everything I possibly can. Thank you for being my voice of reason.
Okay, enough mushyness. There are others who I need to thank, like Serach and Ezzie, Special Ed and The Apple for their roles in this relationship, as well as many other bloggers and non-bloggers alike. Let the countdown to the wedding begin!

17 comments:

  1. Mazel Tov, Jughead! Download a great desktop countdown here: http://phantim3.ywing.net/download/

    You can customize it with your picture, too!

    Enjoy!

    May you and the Ratchet have many happy posts together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa! Mazel Tov. I guess the trend of shidduch bloggers getting engaged and married continues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and by that I meant not that two bloggers get engaged/married, but multiple singular bloggers who wrote about dating/shidduchim, end up getting engaged, thereby shifting perspective from single and looking to taken. If that wasn't clear :)

    PS - Good luck with the wedding prep, you're gonna need it. Let the parents do as much as they want/can. You and Erachet just stay cool and above all the craziness that is about to fall from the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT!? i get no mention for the role I played? all those interfering in your late friday night shmoozing and pretending not to know doesnt count?

    well then again, interfering does not count as helping the relationship...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I wondered when you'd finally get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that was directed at Erachet, not you, Jughead. Didn't know it was you, just knew it's been going on forever. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  7. bad4- no hard feelings. Thanks for the post!
    SG- Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mazel Tov!

    I wish I could've been behind the scenes - 1 week earlier and I could've been there.

    I guess this calls for another vort.

    ReplyDelete