Thursday, January 20, 2011

Skeleton Feeling

It is well documented that the greatest feeling one can have while eating is the cold sensation one experiences when having a drink following a long period of time of not drinking. It will often happen that I will take a drink in hopes that the feeling will come, but more often than not, it never happens. However, thanks to my not drinking coffee like the rest of the working world, yet still wanting to be there for “cooler-talk,” I have discovered a drink that works 60% of the time every time.

MILK!

That gloriously refreshing beverage that we all pour over our cereal in the morning is also the purveyor of that oh-so-refreshing feel.

So why am I telling you this? Well, aside from it allowing you to have that feeling whenever you so choose, I needed to write about something that I could ramble on about. This is because I am trying to teach myself how to touch-type.

“WHAT,” you yell out as you choke over your newly-poured glass-o-milk. “You can’t type?! How do you live?!”

I get by. But no more! As of today, no longer will I hunt-and-press. No more copy-and-pasting two-word phrases because it takes less time. From here on in, I will look at the screen as I type! I don’t care how long it takes to write a blog post!

Now, I need something to drink. Who’s got a beer?

5 comments:

  1. Good for you! I see so many guys so handicapped by their inability to type. They enter the business world and work at a deficit because they're slowed down. Good for you for making the effort! You will see how much better life is when your fingers fly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Touch-typing is meaningless if you can't spell. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trachisipatia!

    (Ask Erachet)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, Anonymous. :P

    Best time to get that feeling, by the way - Friday night at Kiddush when it's been a while since you've eaten or drunk anything. Cold grape juice always does it. But chocolate milk in the morning is good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get that feeling drinking right after a fast. Never found it remotely pleasant, myself, but then I only enjoy drinking milk when it's in my coffee.

    ReplyDelete